Are You Drinking Enough Water? Tips to Increase Your Intake and EnergyFeb 01, 2021
Are you constantly dehydrated?
Is your blood sugar balanced? Are you constantly on a blood sugar roller coaster?
One easy way to help alleviate some of the side effects of the blood sugar roller coaster is to DRINK MORE WATER. Easier said than done though right? But drinking enough water throughout your day can help balance your blood sugar by helping you to decrease cravings and increase energy.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products I personally use or recommend. It's at no cost to you, but helps support my site and my business.
Health Benefits of Water
1. Maintaining your body's fluid balance
2. Carrying nutrients to your cells
3. Flushing toxins and waste
4. Supporting healthy kidneys
5. Slowing signs of aging
6. Reducing inflammation
7. Keeping moisture-rich body parts such as skin, eyes, mouth and nose functioning well
8. Lubricating and cushioning your joints
9. Preventing muscle cramps
10. Regulating body temperature and metabolism
11. Reducing inflammation
12. Slowing signs of aging
Warning signs you may be dehydrated
- Urinating dark urine or not urinating at all
- Feeling dizzy
- Rapid breathing
- Rapid heartbeat
- VERY dry skin
- Lethargy or lack of energy
- Mental Fogginess
How much water should you drink?
Here is a simple equation:
Divide your body weight (pounds) / by 2 = # of ounces you should drink in a day.
For example, if you weigh 150 pounds/2 = 75 oz of water.
How to Drink Enough Water (Tips & Tricks)
Factors to consider when determining water intake:
- Level of activity
- How much caffeine and alcohol you drink on a regular basis
- The temperature and humidity levels of where you live
Signs of being Well-HydratedYou should have light colored and abundant urine, and may need to empty your bladder every 2-3 hours. **If you are just starting to increase your water intake, you will have to urinate more frequently. Your body needs to adjust, and it will after a few days.
Tips for Drinking more Water
If this may be a struggle for you, like it is for me - here are some tips and tricks to help you out.
- Add Fruit: If you find water to be a bit.. bland - spice it up! Add fruit like lemon, lime, cucumber or orange to add flavor. I even like to add mint and basil! Get fancy, like you're at a spa.
- Make it fun: Use a goblet, or a glass that means something to you. Put it in your favorite cup!
- Buy a pitcher or huge water bottle to help: This helps you track your water intake. Here's a fun water bottle you can use to help you out - I use this every day and it helps tremendously.
- Hydrate as soon as you get up! Whatever time of day you get up - drink 2 GLASSES! You've been fasting all night and are a shriveled prune. HYDRATE! One thing I like to do in the morning is take my Super Powders in small amounts of water as a "shot" of goodness. I use Your Super Forever Beautiful, Super Green Mix, and Moon Balance here.
- Exercise: Take small sips of water before, during and after exercise. Add some flavor by using a pre-workout mix to your water. Make sure your mixes don't contain any added sugars. One brand I LOVE from Thrive Market is this powder mix: Eboost Acai Pomegranate Energy Powder 20 packets
Disclaimer: My posts may contain affiliate links to products I personally use and recommend. I will only list products that I support, and will also tell you why and include these products at a discounted rate if you choose to purchase. At no cost to you, I will receive a small commission if you click on the links and purchase an item. This helps keep my website and business running – Thank you!