Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe - Paleo, Vegan, GFMar 07, 2021
It's that time of year for.... shamrock shakes!
These green (full of carbs/ sugar/ artificial dyes lots of other not so great ingredients) can surely be found at your local McDonald's. Ready for the stats on a medium shake? 560 calories, 16 grams of fat, 91 grams of carbs, and 78 grams of sugar. Also, check out this article to read more about the 54 INGREDIENTS and what's really in a Shamrock Shake.
But if you are a big fan of these minty, chocolatey and silky beverages how about you make your own - using a MUCH HEALTHIER version of this delectable treat.
I want to share my go-to St. Patty's Shamrock Shake recipe with you when you need that little bit of indulgence without the guilt! This shake should make you feel just as great as it tastes with the addition of avocado and spinach for that green hue, along with dates, mint extract and some cacao nibs! Super healthy, nutritious and just plain delicious. ENJOY!
Equipment you'll need:
- A blender if you want to make a big batch (should also work fine for smaller batches)
- I love this single serve smoothie maker, so you can take yours on the go! Seriously, this guy is a life saver for busy days.
- For an extra healthy boost, I like to add Your Super "Super Green" Powder. It'll also give it it an extra healthy green hue! Right now, if you use code: OriginOrth15 you can save 15% on your first order.
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
This HEALTHY SHAMROCK SHAKE recipe is a delicious way to make a minty green milkshake at home. Dairy-free and naturally-sweetened with fruit. (No bananas!) Vegan, Paleo, Keto, GF and no added sugars!
- 3/4 cup plant based milk (I like coconut)
- 1/4 avocado (pitted)
- 2 TBSP cacao nibs
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 5 Medjool dates pitted
- 1-2 large handfuls of ice
- 1 tsp Your Super Green powder (if you have it- tastes just fine without it!)
Combine the almond milk, avocado, spinach, peppermint extract, and dates and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the any flavoring as needed, but keep in mind that the flavor will be diluted slightly when you add the ice in the next step.
Add the ice and cacao nibs and blend again, until the smoothie is as thick as you'd like. Serve right away. You can play around here if you need to add in a little extra mint/ cacao/ milk to make it smoother or ice to make it thicker.
- Top with fresh mint and more cacao nibs to make it extra pretty and fancy. BAM - SAINT PATTY'S DAY never tasted so healthy.
Feel free to use banana too (can replace the dates with banana), will make it extra sweet.
If you store frozen avocados in your freezer, you can use one of these -just don't add as much ice and you may need more plant-based milk. Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain affiliate links to products I personally use and recommend. I will only list products that I support, and will also tell you why and include these products at a discounted rate if you choose to purchase. At no cost to you, I will receive a small commission if you click on the links and purchase an item. This helps keep my website and business running – Thank you!